Monday 11 January 2010

some very wise words

We all gain inspiration from many places, many of us do not talk about our inspirations or our dreams because we feel that we will not live up to those who inspire us and I doing so make ourselves seems smaller, concluding in the inspiration disappearing. I embrace my inspiration, and aim to be like those that inspire me Galliano, Westwood, Saab, but not only in fashion but in life there have been so many inspirational people in this world and I just hope one day people will look up to me for inspiration. Here is part of a speech from the son of Martin Luther King Jr given at the remembernece ceremony of Michael Jackson which I believe sums up my ethos in life and how I plan to love my life never thought I could find it in such well written words

"My father once said that in life, one must discover what their calling is and they must do their jobs so well that the living dead and unborn could do no better. He constantly told us to do our best, by stating that if you cannot be a pine on the top of the hill why just is a shrub in the valley. But be the best little shrub on the side of the road. Be a bush if you cannot be a tree. If you cannot be a highway, just be a trail. If you cannot be the sun, just be a star. For it isn't by the size that you win or fail, you've got to be the best at what you are. In life, if it falls to be a street sweeper, you must sweep the streets so well. In fact, you must sweep streets like Beethoven composed music. Sweep streets like Shakespeare wrote poetry. Sweep streets like Raphael painted pictures. Sweep streets so well that all the hosts of the heavens and earths would have to pause and say, here lives the great street sweeper that did his house well"

Such an inspirational passage don’t you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment