Tuesday 6 April 2010

job lot

I started looking through job descriptions for pattern cutting and patter grading jobs to see which is best suited for me; I also looked up design and garment technology jobs too just to give myself a greater depth of the jobs on offer in fashion. And you’ll never guess what but in all the descriptions it clearly labels a warm studio, but the pattern cutters no, no such luck there oh the joys haha though it did enlighten my knowledge and made me laugh and reading the description got me excited to actually get into the industry do something I love for a living. Pushing myself daily with new challenges of new garments I can’t wait. Turning a designer’s sketch into a working pattern, which can be used when constructing the garment. I want to finish and top up with a Ba degree after all as Oliver Wendell Holmes said "Once the mind has been stretched by a new idea, it will never again return to its original size." Still questioning the final outcome options though self employed vs industry, not such an easy dicision :/

No comments:

Post a Comment